Working on a game

im working on a game

its not on replit yet but im tryna make a fps game(made with three js)

12 Likes

movement, shadow and ambient light was added, i just need to make some walls and load some 3d models

9 Likes

and the server as well

6 Likes

idk uk C/C++?

4 Likes

cool

1 Like

what game is it?

1 Like

fps(first person shooter) game i dont have a name for this game tho

7 Likes

Probably because JavaScript is very popular and not to difficult to learn also Replit works well with it I want to learn more cpp but I can’t get graphics working

5 Likes

i personally like third person shooter games

2 Likes

C+++ Is what most multiplayer games like Red Dead Redemption and more use to create games, Epic Games Engine was built with C+++ I think it’d be pretty cool if someone on Replit could do something like that. GL on the game Harsh :D

5 Likes

Same but sfml stopped working a while ago

1 Like

c/c++ and java are not supposed to be used for making games or webs, Javascript is for making games and webs online

1 Like

Um Minecraft is built with Java and sea of thieves and most games we see are made with cpp actually any game you play with the unreal engine was made with cpp html is used for web a css to style insted of using style element JavaScript was just used to make webpages interact able and the. People made games but even the. Node js had to be developed for you can do multiplayer games and more

2 Likes

So in the end Java,Cpp,c,c# are for games and JavaScript html and css for web
Fun fact Chrome’s Javascript engine, V8 , is written in C++. because Crome is an app!
So any app game you play witch there are a ton off and work better then web ones most of the time are not made in js yet js sometimes using node js is only in browser games

2 Likes

I just realized this all could of been done in just a few sentences :man_facepalming: I just heavily overdid this

4 Likes

Name suggestion waifu killer X

1 Like

he should wait to name it intill he gets the full idea on what his game is like

4 Likes

i’ll be working on the game sometimes and it will be published on repl soon with the link posted here!
(this game im making is for me to learn some coding skills, for fun and also because im bored sometimes)

5 Likes

Note

sry to say but the working on this game is stopping because i’m travelling overseas and my pc is not going to be with me, im travleling because of family purposes and i would probably gone for a long while. I’ll work on the game when i come back

4 Likes

good luck :+1:

3 Likes