Weird Leaderboard Values in the Test Database

So I’m hosting a private server I created a few hours back and look

I check leaderboard and it has all this
I know these are people changing the game code to give more coins to themselves and I’m going to beat them :smiling_imp:

1 Like

Lol I’m number 4 smhw

1 Like

Trial??

1 Like

hey @ManagePasswords you know why this problem doesn’t exist in the real game?

2 Likes

That’s sketch /: I helped him host his own server to awhile ago he probably messed around and found glitch have you edited the chest drop amounts?

2 Likes

The test server gives anyone access to the test database’s credentials. That’s the only way people can “test” out the game. That also means people can change the game code and get tons of coins on their test profiles, invalidating it.

What I mean is on the test server, you can change the value of 1 coin to like 2 billion XP, and you can get tons of XP. No-one really regulates the rules here so it’s a free-for-all on that database.

If you are planning to professionally host your own game and want your own rules, you should make your own database and set the credentials to be private (like I have done with the official swordbattle.io website).

7 Likes

Oh ok, I’m not planning to do that though (yet)

2 Likes

I looked up what the number of xp first place was, and apparently it is around 2 Quintillion.

3 Likes