New Fade Animation for Game

Hey @codergautam or anyone else who does programming, do you like my new fade animation for the game I am making? Btw I am programming it in python.

here is the video I could not find a good way to embed it in the post.

4 Likes

looks sick

1 Like

Cool. How did you do that in Python?

1 Like

@DillonB07 I am using the pygame library for this project. It has features to create a gui and send audio and a variety of useful things for making a game. The animation itself is fairly simple. I have a fading animation class and you can pass in the current screen and the next one and some parameters for the fading. Then it displays the current screen, and adds an overlay of what ever color fading screen you wanted on top and increases that alpha variable until it is opaque. Then it draws the new screen and decreases the alpha variable until you can fully see it again. You can customize it by changing the color of the fade, the fade-out time, the pause time in between, and lastly the fade-in time.

3 Likes

so its magic right?

1 Like

Nice. I’ve used Pygame before, but I never really got the hang of it. I didn’t understand updating the screen after every modification, drawing etc.
Guess it’s not for everyone, but good luck with your project. Your video makes it look good so far!

2 Likes

Thanks for the support! I will keep working on it.

2 Likes

yes, pretty much.

1 Like

good luck!

1 Like

looks nice

i’ve tried pygame, but I’m not super good. I would’ve assumed that was made in tkinter

3 Likes