Just a thought regarding v2

So I know about all the memes that v2 will never come, but I’m wondering, would it be best to push the v2 update until next school year?

Hear me out, the game usually kinda dies during the summer, and I feel like if I release mid/late April it would be too late and nobody would really care because the game would lose popularity because of school.

But if I postponed this update till summer, think about it all the hype. New school year, new game. It would be epic. I bet all the old swordbattle players would come back during the new school year.

Now this is not confirmed yet, It’s just a thought in the back of my head. I know y’all will get super mad at me for this, but seriously consider it for the good of the game. There will still probably be a beta program before the end of this school year (may/june), and you all would still be able to test out v2 for yourself.

Also if I had all summer to code v2, think of all the features I could add to torture you guys…

5 Likes

Plus I’m leaving for vacation to india this month, and I have no plans of coding sword game during my vacation.

3 Likes

Oof, but i would agree and disagree because then people would most likely leave the game, but the hype would not die down, but we were expecting it around the near end of the school year, but it is your choice man, if you want to postpone the update until the next school year, go for it, i don’t mind, i can wait.

I can wait but idk abt others.

If u postpone now what will stop u from postponing again?

If EVERYONR gets to test out v2, where is the surprise? Thats not a good idea. Only a few testers

How wud the old players check and know it came out?

1 Like

This sounds good to me, one of my friends apparently played SB and was pretty good at it (allegedly) so this’ll be good

2 Likes

no NONONONO I NEED IT NOW NOW NOW RELEASE IT NOW

4 Likes

forgive me, i can wait

1 Like

Guy I get why your unhappy but you gotta understand coders been working on this game for almost 1.5 years he needs a break Ngl. Its time for him to focus on his own health and enjoyment for a bit :smiley:

14 Likes

Yes ik, thats why i said it is his choice, im not rushing him to finish it then release it

But here’s the thing I will still work on v2 (almost) every day, I just want to make it perfect

8 Likes

And I decided to make the Beta program a public beta, not a private beta. Basically means anyone can try out the Beta, it’s not a selected group of people for Beta. Expect more info on that before end of this school year.

3 Likes

That wont be very suspensful. It will take away some of the excitement of v2 comingout. There will be no surprise

1 Like

You plan fixing the bugs :face_with_raised_eyebrow::face_with_raised_eyebrow: i dont want to grind in the summer just to get 58m-- 26m coins and have like a new account using dragon right

Okay I agree with it but how about like some mini updates during the summer that have alredy been added to v2 code so we get like peaks of what’s coming and so it dose not die to much this summer

1 Like

Yeah will remove everyone who obtained the dragon skin using exploits

1 Like

Not me :)

Huh? Think game down or broke (;

game will die either way is summer lets be honest, we mainly just grind in school. Adding on to this any code he adds right now will have to be rewrriten ltr on, delaying v2 even more

3 Likes

dont wrry i will play entire time

I mean, Irdc when you release it.
Just as long as we know that progress is being made.