How to make your own Swordbattle.io skin!

Hello!

If you’re here, you probably want to contribute your own skins to swordbattle. In this tutorial we will see how to make a swordbattle.io skin which can get added into the game.

Make sure you follow all the rules, or your skin won’t be added to the main game

Ground rules

First of all, these are some very important rules to follow so that your skin is added:

1. Your skin cant be copied.

Your skin can use inspiration from other images from Google or anywhere else, but you cannot simply copy the image.

For example, your skin cannot be a picture of something on the internet, edited with some new stuff.

1. Your skin cannot include a copyrighted name

It cannot include a copyrighted name, logo, or brand

How to make skin

Step 1: Getting Started

First, think about what your skin should be.

Make sure it is appropriate for all ages, and it matches with the rest of the game art style

Next, pick a drawing app of your choice. Make sure it can export a transparent PNG, you will need that later.

Step 2: The player

Now it’s time to create the player. The player is the circle, and can be decorated as you wish. But There are a few ground rules.

1. Image must be a PNG, with a 300x300 resolution
  2. Image must have a transparent background
  3. The base should be a circle (see template below)
  4. There can be some stuff coming out of the circle base, but please make sure that it isn’t too much.

To help you get started, here is a base image you can use. I recommend just downloading and drawing over this.

Step 3: The sword

The sword is what the player uses to fight with. Like the skin, it also has some rules.

1. Image must be a PNG, with a 260x280 resolution
  2. Image must have a transparent background
  3. Sword must be pointed 45 degrees, or the base should be in bottom left and tip should be on the top right (see template below)
  4. Make sure that the sword isn’t too thinner or too thicker than the template, it can cause some issues when fighting. (see template for recommended thickness)

Again, to help you get started, we have a template you can use. I recommend just downloading this and drawing over it.

Step 4: Submitting

Great, so you now have a skin and you are ready for it to be added to the game.

If you haven’t already, create a new account on the forum (top right).

All you have to do is go here:

Then, scroll all the way down, press “Reply”, just paste your player and your sword, and give a Name, Description, and a Price for it.

Note that we may change these, and there are no guarantees that your skin will be added.

If the skin isn’t approved, we will let you know and how you can fix it.

If everything goes well, your skin will be added to the main game within 1-2 months, but please be patient.

End

Thanks! I hope this helped you and if you have any questions, reply below or message me or any other staff.

Questions?
Email [email protected] or simply Message me by clicking on my name :)

Have a great day

Pick the right choice - @LaVilla

11 Likes

what app did u use to draw?

1 Like

you can use any app you prefer… some popular free ones are MS Paint, Canva, Sketchpad or Google Drawings

1 Like

How do u make it a 300x300 and make it a png

When you are creating a skin, there should be a way to set it’s size/resolutions/dimensions

300x300 means it’s 300 pixels wide and 300 pixels tall.

To make it transparent, some editors allow you to do that automatically, if not, you can use a tool like remove.bg to do it for you!

You can also message me and I can do it for you too

1 Like

ok. i did message u

:+1:

POST YOUR SKIN in → Post your skins here! if you want your skin added!

5 Likes

Bump since it is rly hard to find this but super useful

2 Likes