COLOUR VS COLOR

Everyone recently cough@penguincough has been debating wheather it is “colour” or “color.” I created this topic so you guys can argue and figure out once and for all which one is correct. This way there will be no more fighting in random topics.

5 Likes
  • color
  • colour
0 voters
4 Likes

you can’t just vote to convince the community that one is better then the other. tell me some reasons why.

2 Likes

Color is US spelling, colour is UK/other countries’ spelling

1 Like

As a proper Brit I want to say colour buuut the other one does have less letters

5 Likes

yes, but which one is better

Neither of them are “better,” they are each correct in their own jurisdiction; they are simply different. That’s like comparing apples to oranges.

1 Like

ummm actually: the argument for “colour” being more correct than “color” stems from its historical development in Middle English and Old French, international standardization in English-speaking countries, consistency with other words ending in “-our,” preservation of cultural heritage, and recognition of linguistic diversity. “Colour” maintains a stronger connection to the language’s etymology, is widely accepted globally, and aligns with established spelling patterns, honoring tradition and inclusivity. Choosing “colour” reflects the historical roots and global usage of English, making it a stronger spelling in terms of correctness. :nerd_face:

1 Like

Another argument. Grey, or gray?

Its Colour but i prefer COLOR

2 Likes

Welp time to use my alt acc my pets!!

1 Like

grey

SLAP PLEASE VOTE COLOUR WE’RE ALMOST THERE!!!

I am just saying
I could not really care less, spell however you would like to spell

Vote please :shoot:

Great. I will play this game as well.

2 Likes

Agreed.

1 Like

please don’t @gautam can you vote for colour??

1 Like

Agreed as well.

1 Like