Announcing... Swordbattle.io v2.0

okay thx

18 Likes

Can’t wait, also question, would there be updated models somehow? or maybe a new map? I’m gonna put an idea out even though it will most likely be rejected, but what if we had like some kind of quick craft system. Could find items around the map and go into a menu with items to craft, some kind of potion of speed, strength, etc. To make things quicker, for each item you could add a hotkey in this new menu (if it were to be added) to make things quicker when in battle. I know it might be rejected but like I said, just putting it out there. I am excited for the new version by the way, and I bet it will be amazing

20 Likes

The rewrite itself wouldn’t contain any of these, but they may be added in a different update

I like the idea, but I am worried it might be too complicated. I won’t commit myself to anything right now, but maybe in the future.

21 Likes

so wait my Halloween idea is being added

18 Likes

Yes it is

19 Likes

Is the rewrite simply just the same game but lag died?

18 Likes

also will it reset progress on skins and all that

17 Likes

oooh, different maps would be cool for a future update :star_struck:

19 Likes

Can I help @gautam ?
I’ve been wanting to help on a javascript project for a loooonnng time.

:D

19 Likes

sounds like a better swordsbattle.io

20 Likes

@gautam will u merge repo or will i ahve to start pushing to a dofferent one?

18 Likes

I dont care because im also pretty low but im also fine with my position

18 Likes

will there be the new code in git hub

16 Likes

Top 300

17 Likes

im coming up the ranksss

17 Likes

nice now tell me when you get top 100!

17 Likes

I wish you luck on your project, and if there is any place in which I could help, I would!

18 Likes

Hey thanks, really appreicate it. Will let you know if there is any help I need

Yes it will all be open source, currently working on the “v2” branch

Same repo, no changes in that

Well I haven’t started on anything yet, just doing some base planning. Once I have a decent base going feel free to make a PR with any changes you want!

Already answered this, No.

In simple terms yes, but internally the game will be completely different. There also may be some major UI changes, simply because of the new frameworks and libraries I’m using.

(Using react for the UI, instead of simply rendering everything using Phaser & Phaser DOM)

21 Likes

okay thanks for the info

15 Likes

woo! :confetti_ball: new game!

16 Likes